ScotDance Canada Pilot Event
HOSTED BY B.C. HIGHLAND DANCING ASSOCIATION
Saturday August 14, 2021
Scottish Cultural Centre
8886 Hudson Street Vancouver, B.C. V6P 4N2
||16 Pas des Bas
Pas des Bas & Highcuts
Sword (2 & 1)
Sword (2 & 1)
||Seann Truibhas (3 & 1)
||Blue Bonnets (4)
Registration is by online entry. Entries must be received by August 7, 2021. Late Entries will not be accepted.
A maximum of 50 competitors for this event. Maximum of 25 Premier dancers. Wait-list has been enabled.
No entry fee. Special Event for BCHDA Members.
As Highland Dance Competitions have been on hold for over a year we understand not everyone has full costumes. Although we would love to see you all in full costumes for this Pilot Event we understand that full costumes may not be available at this time. This shouldn't be a barrier to attending this event.
If you do not have a full national or Kilt outfit as appropriate for your dances, please consider the following as acceptable alternatives
- Kilt or National Skirt with white or black bodysuit, tank top or blouse. White knee high socks with your kilt.
- Bodysuit or tank top and shorts with white or black knee high socks
NOTE: If the dancer chooses to wear a mask while competing, the mask must be devoid of patterns or embellishments.
ScotDance Canada Pilot Events
Please review the Waivers for the event BCHDA/ScotDance Canada WAIVERS. When registering you will electronically acknowledge all 3 Waivers
Appendix 1: ScotDance Canada Pilot Event Waiver
Appendix 2: Assumption of Risk and Waiver of Liability Relating to Coronavirus/Covid-19
Appendix 3: PILOT EVENT – SOCIAL MEDIA WAIVER FORM
No photos or postings of the pilot are permitted on social media.
The focus of the pilot events are the health and safety Protocols which Canada's COs will be required to implement in order to mitigate the risk of Covid transmission for all those attending. Dancers participating at pilot events will not be judged and No awards will be given out. For all intents and purposes, the pilot events are a rehearsal to 'get the bugs out' prior to competition organizers running a live event.
The ScotDance Canada Taskforce is working towards a reopening date of October 1, 2021
Items to Bring
- Safety pins to affix number to dance costume
- If dancer is bringing a personal water bottle, please mark name clearly on outside. To be kept with the dancer in the seating area and/or warm-up area. Not to be taken into the line-up area
- No garment bags, no foam mats, no change of clothing, no make-up, no hairspray, no non-essential food items (if crowd size capacity restrictions in place).
- Disposable mask non-medical or 3-layer mask (face shield and/or protective glasses alone are not acceptable if a mask mandate is in place or if a “masks are encouraged” recommendation is in place)
- Personal hand sanitizer
- PLEASE HAVE CELLPHONE AVAILABLE TO SCAN QR CODE (more instructions to be sent at close of entries)
- Pen for sign-in sheet - Good Health Declaration (self-affirmation) will be required via signature at the registration area if unable to scan the QR Code prior to entering the facility